Sunday, July 29, 2007

i'm in a quandry

So, here's the thing. I have created some things for my etsy store but am clueless how I determine shipping charges. Does anyone have any help for me?

I have a paypal account and am thinking it might be a good idea to use their shipping services since I can get a tracking number which is always nice to have.

I don't want to charge too much and scare people off (I hate the extravagant shipping charges you see on some eBay auctions) but, at the same time, I don't want to charge too little which will end up costing me.

I have gone through the forums on etsy but have not found any helpful answers to this question. I'll keep looking there but would like to get the store started. I'm hoping to use it to help defray the cost of my fiber addiction (wink wink).

Arggh. I hate indecision. I am open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are planning to ship USPS, you can go to their website and estimate the cost of shipping. You can put in the type of package, the weight, and even zip codes to help estimate the cost.