Wednesday, August 29, 2007

short row heels

The saga of the short row heel. Short row heels should be easy and quick, right? Ha. I'm attempting to master the toe-up sock with a short row heel. I'm doing the round toe (which I love) and I want to do a short row heel because I have never been satisfied with a regular heel the way I knit them. I always end up with holes where I join the heel and the gusset and the sock. Always. I'm doing a pair of socks for a friend of mine in a lovely dk-worsted weight deep purple tweed wool. They will be perfect house socks for those cold winter mornings. I am bound and determined to master the short row heel. Darn it!

I have knit and frogged the same heel so many times I have actually lost count. I finally realized the last umpteen times I had been doing it I was doing the wraps wrong.

Yep.

I was doing the wraps wrong. No wonder I was having so much trouble picking those wraps up when doing the increase half of the heel. No wonder those same wraps were so obvious. One thing for sure, I can go like a house afire on this heel now. I finally went back to here and watched closely and paid attention. (I just love this site; it is incredibly helpful)

Oh.

I also have the frogging down to a nicety too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep at it! You can do it.

Corbie said...

Oh, man... Well, at least you've got it figured out, finally!